Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Double Decker



I was never fond of bus rides or buses in particular.

The thought of being in a single vehicle
with suspect pick pockets,
exhibitionists and suicide bombers
while stuck in a traffic along Edsa
are just too much for my paranoia.

Having seen a movie like "Speed" with
Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock as the
main cast that had most of the movie's
story revolve inside a bus that is running
on a time bomb helped to add more scare about bus rides.

Let's not forget "Battle Royal", you fall asleep,
and the next thing you know, you're
on an island where you have to kill all the
people in your class.

It's pathetic to actually admit such fear,
But i see them as a one way ride
that ends to somewhere not nice.
Especially when it is among the regular mode
of transportation back at home  in Manila.

Dare to try riding on a Novaliches killer bus
late at night around 2 in the morning and you'll
know how i feel.

I was only excited during school field trips,
having tons of snacks, express ways stop overs,
and a coleman jug filled with alcohol mixed orange juice.

A handful of trips to Batangas with Eric and Jr,
and a couple of 8 hour rides on a bus
when i had to settle in Baguio for a while back
in college were some of the longest trips i ever had to take.

I'd be asleep most of the ride instead of
letting my sick imagination play tricks on my head.

As much as i was disgusted with public
bus rides in the Philippines, were the dreams of getting on a
double decker in a foreign country.

I knew when i would get on one, i'd feel
like i'm in another hollywood movie or
sitcom but all you will see is nothing but
bright lights and good times.

I was right.

--------------------------------------------------------------
The bus situation in Manila has just made
this experience one of the must do's in my existence.

I never realized it at first, but yeah, i had a big smile on my face
during the whole ride on my first time on a double decker. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment