Saturday, January 19, 2013

23 @ Fridays on a Saturday Night.

I know this took almost a week before i finally
had to say something about my day last January 13.

I was supposed to be resting and enjoying
my 2 and a half days off that started on the eve of my beer day,
but things as usual never turned out as it was planned.

I suddenly had to move house the morning
after my crazy birthday night, which took
almost 3 days before the moving out officially ended.
And to make things more complicated and exciting,
I have to change houses again in a month's time.
Not to mention, that I also had a fever scare a couple of nights ago.

I just want to make this quick and straightforward,
as my moment has actually passed,
and I'm not getting any younger than 23.

So let's go with what happened on the night
when we were having fun on Fridays on a Saturday night.


"I needed to be with people who will make me feel closer to home, there was no doubt, even after almost 2 years removed from where we started, this will never grow old"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The expected surprise from my colleagues at work.



It has always been a tradition in my work place 
to surprise a person who is celebrating their birthday with a cake, 
and most of the time, 
I would be involved on how to come up with the surprise.

So there I was on the eve of my day, 
wondering on how they would pull it off on me.

Since I never got any surprise during my 1st birthday with them, 
it was a possibility that they would not care for the 2nd time around.

They eventually caught me real good and got the perfect timing
when I was trying to pass an order while making my way 
to the hot kitchen with Zhang Juan Jing almost splatting my face with a cake.

Sheng Ri Kuai Le to me!
Thank you IBNS for making my last birthday with you guys 
an almost heart attack with the way you surprised me that afternoon. :) 
It really caught me off guard. 
I will never forget that moment in my life 
when I had people hailing from Malaysia, China, Singapore, 
Vietnam and Philippines greeting me for my birthday all at the same time. 
I may never get the chance to have that experience again. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Fun at Friday's on a Saturday Night"


Dining into Friday's Singapore has been in my wishlist since last Christmas,
I just really wanted to spend a special day there,
Seeing the Bar, and just feeling the Friday's culture,
I knew it would be a lot of fun.




Booked a table for 8 at T.G.I. Friday's East Coast Katong 112,
Ended up with only five person to feed for the night.
Aside from the awesome drinks, and the mouth watering entrees that we had,
It was the birthday greeting when the clock turned 12 midnight that 
made the dinner at Fridays really special.





The Friday's Staff rang a bell while marching towards our table,
and shouting happy birthday while serving me a plate of Choco Fudge Brownie
with a Vanilla Ice Cream scoop on top.
And as part of the Friday's tradition, they let the celebrant choose
either they will sing happy birthday the normal way or backwards.

Thinking that it would be interesting if they would sing happy birthday backwards,
I asked them to do so in that manner..

And INDEED, they sang happy birthday backwards,

FACING backwards away from me.

It was so funny in a way that it was so stupid at the same time by literally doing it backwards.

I was just too greedy for surprises,
T.G.I. Friday's just really hit the spot!

Thanks to all the staff there at T.G.I. Fridays East coast, especially to the lovely Miss Castle. :)

-----------------------------------------------------


We spent the after party strolling around the streets taking photos,
and getting some classy cocktail drinks at Bar Cocoon
*watch out for the bar trail on that one*
And drinking up cans of beers straight up in less than a minute each
at the bridge in Clark Quay.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"You try your hardest just to make it the perfect day of the entire year,
thinking about getting all the good breaks and just feeling lucky all the way.
but once it is all over, you will come to realize that the moment has passed
and it was nothing more than just another ordinary day."


for more photos from this night, visit facebook.com/red.mora

follow us on twitter! @redgiewedgie @callecat @jeddyums @iamOwnLine



No comments:

Post a Comment